I was telling someone recently about all the things I don't like about Los Angeles, and she said "why don't you look at the positives? There must be some positives to Los Angeles" to which I flippantly relied "there are NONE". But the truth is, there are some positives to LA.
1. A lot of my lovely friends live here.
2. Some of my lovely family live here.
3. Huntington Garden. Technically it's not Los Angeles, but I'm counting it anyhow.
4. Jacaranda trees - I will really miss these when we leave Cali for good. They're in bloom right now and all over the city! I love Jacaranda lined streets, and I even love all the messy purple flowers that carpet the ground when they begin to drop.
This is the bougainvillea right outside our house. We don't do anything to take care of it, and it grows nonstop! I'm pretty sure this is not a plant that will grow in the Pacific Northwest.
6. Purple house! (there are actually a LOT of purple houses in Eugene though - hippie town) so it's offset by that. This one happens to be on our street in Los Angeles. We live on a sort of bohemian street, and all of our neighbors are definitely characters!
7. I't s always summer here (oh yeah, that would actually be a negative in my book). The weather is never extreme, unless you coun't living on the surface of the sun as extreme. Most people love the weather here, but it's not my cup of tea.
8. Western Bagel it's best if you go first thing in the morning and get the ones that are hot, right out of the oven. mmmmmmmm.
I'm busy working on the cover of The Enchanted Sole, I'll be showing that pretty soon. And a new sock is coming up soon too!
Thanks again for all the comments, I can't wait to show you the next sock!
Would you like cables or colorwork?
And on to the good stuff...
Wednesday's winner for the Selkie pattern is Karen: Karen, you win a downloadable copy of Selkie.
Thursday's winner for the Selkie pattern is Sabrina: Sabrina, you win a downloadable copy of Selkie.
Comment Contest Reminder - each day I'm giving away a downloadable version of the featured pattern. This week's featured pattern is Selkie. Leave a comment and you'll be automatically entered for the random drawing. Winners are chosen by random number generator. Each Sunday I choose one person by random number to win a copy of the book when it comes out! So keep commenting to be entered for the drawing.